There are many mundane tasks associated with running a business, like tracking time and expenses. These tasks are necessary but they can often be very time consuming. Luckily, there is a lot of technology available for little or no cost that can make these tasks a lot easier. Here are some tools to help you run your business better:
1. Mileage – Tracking business mileage is a pain. But there are several apps on the market that use GPS to effortlessly track exactly how many miles you’ve driven and will automatically generate expense reports that make reporting mileage very simple. Some of the most popular apps are Milebug and MileTracker.
2. Business Expenses – No one likes keeping track of receipts and compiling expense reports. There are now apps that will actually create expense reports for you by scanning and coding the details of your receipts. All you have to do is take a picture of your receipt and you’re done. Expensify is one of the most popular apps.
3. Time Tracking – If you bill clients hourly there are several apps that make the task of recording time very simple. They use basic start and stop timers so time is recorded accurately and then they automatically generate invoices. Most are available for use on your phone as well as your computer so you can easily log the hours spent out of the office as well. Harvest is one popular time tracking app.
4. Document Management – There are many apps available that help you organize your receipts, notes, whiteboard scribbles and lists. Scanner Pro, for instance, allows you to use your phone to scan receipts, notes or just take a picture of a whiteboard. Then you can turn the image into a pdf which can be cropped so that all the most important information is easy to read.
5. Digital Signature – Many of us need clients to sign off on contracts, change orders and project approval forms. There are now several apps available that allow clients to electronically sign documents without having to print, sign and then scan them. Docusign is one popular app.